Journal #8

My safe places or my favorite place:
1. Our backyard. Its quiet and entertaining. As I sit down on the brown, homemade swing, my dog runs around, playing with himself. I can lay back and stare into the sky and just think.

2. My uncle's backyard.In their backyard, there is a hill and my uncle is in the middle of constructing a house-like area but at the top, he finished and there is chairs up there. Everytime, i go to their house, everyone knew that, that was the place that id be at. I have the shade of the big mango tree, the beautiful view of this side of the island. As the night comes, i can see the city lights coming on, one by one. When i sit up there, i can think clearly and i know who i am and what i want. No one else matters, just me..

3. The park by my house. Soft, thick, and green grass. The small hills i can lie on. When I dont want to be around anyone else and im not at my uncle's house, i go to this place. It allows me to remember all the good times (because this park has nothing but good memories). It relaxes me and calms me down. I can easily make the decision of what my next step will be.

And I choose...... My Uncle's backyard!!

No comments:

Post a Comment