transcipt

Recipe:
· langka (jackfruit)
· macapuno (a variety of coconut meat sold in bottles)
· sweetened kidney beans
· sweetened garabanzos
· ube or yam
· custard or creme caramel
· sweetened corn kernels
· crushed ice to fill glass
· a can of condensed milk
· a scoop of ice cream on top

Where did you learn about halo-halo?
-I first learned it when your tatay(my grandpa) brought it out at my 2nd birthday.
What was your first reaction when you tasted this?
-I was amazed that it was so good, I didn’t know anything could taste that good. I couldn’t help but smiile
What is one of the memories you had with it?
-Once my whole family knew about it, my dad was afraid to take out the ingredients because when he does he gets mobbed by the hungry pack of wolves, which is our family. (He chuckled) And now, I’m afraid of the same thing.
Was there any special time you made halo-halo?
-Well for our family, we mostly just use it on special occasions, like on parties or big events like birthdays, new year, or Christmas. I remember making it for you whenever you would cry about something, you’d cheer up right away after that.
Is this food used for special traditions?
-Mostly just for big celebrations

No comments:

Post a Comment